This strategy is designed to benefit all people living in Ireland, companies operating here or planning to establish here, those working here, and those hoping to work here. It recognises the role that skills can play in the improvement of all and in supporting people here to grow as global citizens.
- A focus on providing skills development opportunities that are relevant to the needs of learners, society and the economy
- Employer participation in skills development and effective use of skills in their organisations, to become more productive and competitive
- Constant improvement and evaluation of teaching and learning quality at all stages of education
- More people across Ireland engaging in lifelong learning
- A focus on active inclusion, to support participation in education and training and the labour market
- Support for an increase in the supply of skills to the labour market